Wednesday 17 February 2010

Ok this is brilliant

So I saw a recipe today for celeriac rosti, mm I said to myself, I love rosti and it being celeriac, it would be (WKSC) point free. But then I remembered that Peter, my beloved, most hated thing is celeriac and so it was not a perfect option for dinner. But he loves butternut squash, and I do too so I thought I would try that instead. Reader it was FABULOUS and really, really easy.

Peel and grate half a medium sized butternut squash into a bowl, add three or four finely sliced spring onions, a finely diced red chili, lots of salt and pepper and two egg whites. I added half a packet of low fat feta cheese too but that is optional.

Then I sprayed a muffin tin with a little olive oil and put a large spoon of the mixture into each and pressed it down and baked them in the oven for about 25 minutes.

I served it with a piece of roasted cod and a mixed green salad so the whole point value was about 5 per portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment